Thursday 22 August 2013

Fat pages

Over on UKS I had joined in another swap, this time to make 'fat pages' in other words a page that is not flat. The pages could be anything we wanted but they had to be 4x4. I went with a fabric theme, I used an old pair of jeans as my background which I stitched onto some card, then I added a script stamp, I stamped an image onto some muslin cloth and frayed the edges a little, put a tiny bit of wading behind to make it 'fat' before stitching onto the denim, added a little lace as I thought it made it nicer. I made a flower out of some ribbon and stitched on a button. I was pleased with how they turned out but I realize how bad my eye sight has gotten when I was tidying up the threads and stitching the ribbon flower I could hardly see the needle to get it threaded, oh the joys of getting older!

No comments: